A newcomer is here, what can I do better than you?
You are a senior employee, experienced and capable, and you are likely to be the candidate for your next supervisor.
But suddenly it was a new day in the office.
She may be a master of the company who has been dug out by the company, or a rising star who is smart and diligent and hardworking. In short, her arrival has brought a new atmosphere to the office, and it has also made you feel the pressure from the inside. “Killing” the young people around me Two months ago, the personnel manager brought a handsome, capable woman into the office, introducing that this was a new colleague, and it was a marketing campaign dug by the company from other companies in order to expand the southern market”Master”.
”My name is Ina, please take care of me.
“Master” smiled hello to everyone.
How high is it?
Jie Lin, like other colleagues, was curious and watched “Master” Ina.
Jie Lin also learned about Ina’s background materials from the personnel department by her old relationship: graduated from a prestigious university, the senior staff of the original company’s South China headquarters, has rich industry experience and customer resources.
are these all?
There’s nothing outstanding, Jaelin thought.
But what happened next made Jaelin’s eyes on Ina.
At the first planning meeting, the director let Ina choose first.
Ina spread out the planning book, read it in a hurry, is clear, and the idea is novel. The key is to provide detailed and thoughtful instructions to make everyone present.
As she gradually ended, the supervisor summed up her excitement: “The arrival of the newcomer is different, which brings us new ideas and a broader source of information. Good, good.
“Ina’s outstanding transcendence was expressed in her work. At her latest company PARTY, her beautiful professional singing voice won applause from the audience, making her a big hit.
If this is possible, Jaylin didn’t take it seriously. Newcomers will always bring some new weather, but what happened last week made Jayline feel the pressure.
In order to lead the big client of Pan-British Company, Jayline has been tracking for 3 months, but it is always not enough to achieve the goal.
So the supervisor called Jaelin to the office alone, saying that there was a new project for her to do. As for the project of Pan-British Company-“Just hand it over to Ina and let her exercise.
The supervisor was sincere, and Jailen also knew that sometimes changing people to another mindset might speed up the project progress.
But it’s a bit of a gamble, and no one can guarantee anything.
Besides, Ina is new, can she do it?
But things were completely unexpected. A month later, Ina smiled and put the contract on the supervisor’s replacement.
The director praised Ina in front of her colleagues.
Everyone was happy, Jayline was no exception, but Jayline’s smile was a little embarrassing, others couldn’t see it, but she knew it-Ina completed her in 3 monthsIf nothing is done yet, can someone be in trouble?
Jelly apparently felt the pressure from Ina rushing towards her.
How to face this powerful advantage?
Jayline is a little skeptical-suggestions: 1. Be calm first, don’t panic because of one more contradiction; the benefits of calm not only allow you to adjust your state and think about countermeasures, but also show that you are rational and meet in troubleGeneral style.
2, then carefully observe the ability and personality of the newcomers. It is recommended that you look at it from a positive perspective and last at least three months. This will not only allow you to fully understand their advantages, but also understand how they are valuable.To know ourselves.
3. While fully understanding each other, you must also firmly believe in yourself. After all, you have been in the company for a long time and you know horsepower. This advantage is not something that someone can cover with only one or two outstanding performances; youBeing able to work in the company for so long can also indicate how much the company recognizes you.
4. In case of an opponent’s malicious attack or provocative words and deeds, try to resolve the positive conflict with the opponent with a polite but not overbearing attitude. This can show that you have a strong ability to deal with emergencies and aThe forgiveness needed for the grand event.
5. If the other party is an outstanding professional with professional ethics, you must meet the challenge with the same positive competition. You must have the confidence to win and be prepared to lose. It is normal for the workplace to be successful or not.And can withstand others stronger than you, is a mature professional.
Remember: 1. Try to avoid positive conflicts with intervention, because this stupid way of losing calm and reason will often expose your own contradictions and weaknesses, leading your boss to evaluate you, making others despise you. Many cases show that someone often willRegret what you did under the anger.
2. Waiting is a very good way. When new people are eager to express themselves, they often expose their weaknesses. At this time, if you adjust the competition strategy, you will intensify the victory, and at the same time, it will cause a bright and slump.Not?
3. It is true that under no circumstances should you adopt inferior and vicious competition methods, nor transform workplace competition into personal grievances, because this involves your character and professional ethics; moreover, if you fail, your opponent mayBe your direct supervisor. If you have had any excessive words or deeds before you think about it, will you have a good life now?
What would the boss think?
Seeing her current attitude towards Ina, Jeremy remembered the recognition she had received when she first arrived at the planning department. At that time, Jie Lin even made great achievements, and the supervisor also praised her in front of all colleagues.She also called her to her office and gave her full affirmation of her abilities and performance. At that time, Jailen was very sure of her place in the mind of the supervisor.
But now . since Ina appeared, at least half of her supervisor’s eyes have been turned away.At the celebration party, although the supervisor did not forget to raise the wine glass to thank Jie Lin, but there was no other expression. Of course, the credit is mainly from Ina, but how much is this credit?
Is it true that in the minds of the supervisors, he and Ina are already equally divided?
Or is Ina better?
The more Jielin thinks, the more she feels bottomless. She really wants to know, in the mind of the supervisor, how much weight does this old employee have?
If the supervisor really studies abroad like the legend, who will he recommend to the company as a candidate for this position?
Is she still Ina?
Suggestions: 1. If you want to be promoted, you must first tell your boss what you think. If you do n’t say it, how will your boss know what you think?
Take the time to think, improve your work plan, find opportunities to meet with your boss, state your goals, and get a corrective answer from your boss to help you. This is the key to the meeting.
Initially, it was because the boss’s support and promotion were usually essential.
2. Don’t judge your boss’s comprehensive evaluation of the subordinates by your own standards. Usually people who can sit in the supervisor position have different business abilities. This is just one of many qualities. Youth vitality, right and wrong concept, team spirit, toleranceMinds and so on are very important, so what you have to do is to develop in an all-round way, and not to compare the short-term with the opponent.
3. Don’t think that past performance will always be rewarded for promotion. This may be multiple cruel reminders, but it is true, because your superiors may pass all your outstanding performance to him like this symbol-you are hereThe position has played an extremely important role. It is too obvious to remove you from this position. On the contrary, some people who are promoted in the end are less important and can go away.
4. Believe in the power of time. You have been with your boss for a long time. He has the confidence and confidence in you, and the continuous accumulation of feelings is not a break.
Remember: 1. Do n’t tell your boss that your opponent is not. Now that you have regarded her as your opponent, your boss must be aware of it. At this time, if you exaggerate the shortcomings of others, you will expose your narrowness and sharpness.It’s easy to make it happen.
2. Even if your opponent has any offensive words or deeds, you can still deal with them indifferently, and respond to changes constantly. Maybe this will give people the impression of weakness and deceit, but only temporarily, in the eyes of those bosses who can discern the wisdom, The opponent’s sharpness exactly reflects your generosity from the side.
How to balance your position?
After a period of suspicion and suspicion, Jeremy gradually calmed down, and she realized that her match with Ina could not be decided overnight. Even if she lost to her, she couldn’t mess around with it. In the final analysis, this “department head”The position is just a small tree in her career. She can’t ignore the overall situation because of it, she must play enough spirit to embrace the whole forest.
Suggestion: Establishing a talented personal brand is the key to long-term development in the workplace.1 Personal brand cannot be copied. It is a key symbol of outstanding talents. It is reflected in two aspects and can be high quality in personal business skills., Is considered to be the quality of man, that is, both moral and talent.
2. The personal brand pays attention to durability and reliability, because it is affected by a personnel change in the company; a personal brand has been established to prove the value of your attitude and ability to work in the team, and the team leader trusts such peopleAnd rest assured.
3. Brand formation is a process of slowly cultivating and accumulating. The establishment of an individual brand must go through various tests and recognition before it can be formed. It is not self-proclaimed or recognized by everyone.
4. Once an individual has formed a brand, his relationship with the workplace will undergo a fundamental change. It looks like a company. A brand that is deeply rooted in the public does not need to be explained and advertised too much. People also recognize it;It is a sign of trust in the workplace.
Expert comment: In fact, similar phenomena are common in the workplace, especially middle-level managers aged 30-35.
They face double threats from the upper and lower levels of the company: the upper levels of the company use performance appraisal, and young and promising subordinates may replace it at any time.
From a personal point of view, they basically start a family and start a business. They need to provide housing and cars every month, and they must also bear the cost of education for their children.
Stable income is very important to them, so they are very sensitive to stress.
But don’t underestimate your tolerance for stress.
Many years of hard work in the workplace, as well as the trust and mature interpersonal network gained through long-term work in an environment, have made it easier for them to surpass the competition of newcomers. Intangible wealth is an important factor for success.
It is also important to realize that stress is not necessarily a bad thing. When handled properly, stress can be transformed into motivation.
Jie Lin does not have to benefit for the talents of the new employees. The key is to restructure, strengthen confidence, use the facts to prove his ability, and create better performance.